[cfe-dev] SourceRange for QualifiedTypeLoc

Abramo Bagnara abramo.bagnara at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:21:38 PDT 2010

Il 21/05/2010 19:29, John McCall ha scritto:

>> I've attached the patch to fix typeloc sourcerange for review/approval.
>> <TypeLocRange.patch>
>
> 1.  These are really too large to be in TypeLoc.h;  please move them to
> TypeLoc.cpp.
>
> 2.  DependentNameTypeLoc does not have an inner type and therefore does not
> need this logic.

Commited with your suggestions in r104382.

> As a side note, even if we added source locations to QualifiedTypeLoc they would
> not be reliably ordered w.r.t. the inner type;  in fact, in most places they come *after*
> the inner type, not before.

Also inside, like in: unsigned const long volatile long a;

Nevertheless I guess it might be possible to return an exact source
range for a QualifiedTypeLoc using something like min(begin1, begin2),
max(end1, end2) where min and max are implemented using
SourceManager::isBeforeInTranslationUnit.