[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] ARM EABI Exceptions

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed May 19 10:31:06 PDT 2010

Hello, Renato

> If the tables are different, when you link code compiled with Clang and GCC,
> both using the same personality routine (GCC's or Clang's, but not both),
> how do you expect them to work together?
Because both tables are "standard" ?

> Nevertheless, I digress. I may have started it the wrong way, but my
> immediate goal is to compile a simple exception example to ARM. Do you know
> a better path?
Here is how EH was implemented first for x86:
1. LLVM was made to emit tables for some "easy" examples, this
involves some low-level stuff like register moves, encoding, etc. At
this point one can use LLVM-generated .s files with gcc-provided
unwinding library.
2. Necessary EH intrinsics was implemented
3. More refinements (PIC mode, etc.)

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov