[cfe-dev] Use of double underscores in identifiers in libc++

Alex Rosenberg alexr at leftfield.org
Wed May 12 23:29:55 PDT 2010

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm predicting identifier clashes with
intrinsics due to the use of double underscores.

[lib.global.names] touches on this, but my expectation from
established convention is that the library should use identifiers that
start with a single underscore and leave the double underscore
identifiers for use in the compiler itself (and platform-specific
compiler headers like altivec.h).