[cfe-dev] Warnings when building with gcc-4.5

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Wed May 12 10:54:01 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-12 19:37, Sebastien Binet wrote:
> speaking of GCC-4.5 warnings, I still get the strict-aliasing ones
> (yes, I saw the thread on the mailing list as well as the use of
> unions to prevent broken assembly generation)

If you mean gcc warnings of the form "dereferencing type-punned pointer
will break strict-aliasing rules", then you should either fix those
dereferencing instances, or compile with -fno-strict-aliasing.

I currently do the latter with llvm/clang, since it gives quite a number
of those warnings, even with gcc 4.2.1...