[cfe-dev] Trouble building libc++

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Tue May 11 18:56:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

I modified the buildit file to remove ppc and 386 -arch from my build
targets, but made no other change and found that I'm missing a file:

+ g++ -dynamiclib -nodefaultlibs -arch x86_64 -current_version 1
-compatibility_version 1 -o libc++.1.dylib algorithm.o bind.o chrono.o
condition_variable.o hash.o ios.o iostream.o locale.o memory.o mutex.o new.o
random.o stdexcept.o strstream.o system_error.o thread.o utility.o
valarray.o -install_name /usr/lib/libc++.dylib
-Wl,-reexport_library,/usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
ld: file not found: /usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Is libc++abi.dylib part of another project?

My goal is to pitch in on this project when I can.

Dave