[cfe-dev] Chaining ASTConsumers

Mohamed Yousef harrrrpo at gmail.com
Tue May 11 16:27:48 PDT 2010

> The AST pretty-print isn't guaranteed to produce output that can be parsed.
> It would be wonderful if we could get there, but it's going to take some
> serious work to get it right.

how and in what aspects specifically (examples of pretty output that can't
be re-parsed ? ) , the only one i saw was Null nodes (still on testing small
C things , haven't tried any real thing yet :) )

I've managed to pseudo-chain ASTConsumers , i used a variation on Vlad's
idea , a custom ParseAST that accepts a vector of ASTConsumers , calls them
one by one.
I'm also getting good results with in-place AST modifications , that i chain
as separate ASTConsumers ,, that's why i need to know the exact limitations
of pretty-print , upon which i depend now

Thanks,
Mohammd Yousef