[cfe-dev] Something wrong with Clang for ARM-Cortex-A8.

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu May 6 01:56:27 PDT 2010

On 6 May 2010 03:50, 爱好者 <proljc at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I use Clang to compile for the target ARM-Cortex-A8 on my host.
> thank you all

Hi there,

Try to generate IR (-emit-llvm) and then compile with llc:

$ clang -ccc-host-triple armv7-unknown-linux-gnueabi -emit-llvm
/root/tes.c (-I gcc arm includes -L gcc arm libs) -o tes.bc
$ llc tes.bc -o tes.s (some more options)

And continue with codesourcery gcc from then on.

Or maybe you can find your way around all the options that will make
clang drive the compilation process through the correct path... ;)
Maybe someone else knows a better way of doing this...

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at