[cfe-dev] preserving type signatures

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Mar 24 14:54:48 PDT 2010

On 24 March 2010 21:12, David Chisnall <theraven at sucs.org> wrote:
> there is an assumption that, if you are using x86-64 then you want code that uses the same ABI as your system compiler.  Clang generates LLVM IR that LLVM will translate into something that has the correct ABI.

Hi David,

So, that means the IR is not platform/ABI agnostic? What if I want to
mix IR generated from different platforms into one big virtual machine
(RPE-style)? I hope there's a way to disable all that ABI stuff and
generate plain simple IR, is there?

cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at