[cfe-dev] compilation failures

Stefan Seefeld stefan.seefeld at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:08:23 PST 2010

On 03/09/2010 07:37 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Stefan Seefeld<stefan.seefeld at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 03/09/2010 07:01 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:
>>
>>> Can you try building LLVM+clang with a clean tree?  This looks like
>>> something is going very wrong in the configuration.
>>>

>> How do I do that ? I tried 'make clean', then './configure', then 'make',
>> and I see the same issue with -fno-rtti again.
>>
> Really?  Can you try with a completely fresh checkout?  The make
> system is supposed to make sure we pass -frtti for that code.

Same error. Here are the steps:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
cd llvm/tools && svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang
cd ..
./configure
make

Is there a way to make the build system print out what it is doing ?
That may help me debug this, by finding out where the -fno-rtti option
is generated.

Thanks,
         Stefan