[cfe-dev] clang -ast-print-xml

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Mon Mar 8 07:59:11 PST 2010

Brad LaFountain schrieb:
> I found an issue with the AST xml output.
>
> Simple example:
>
> class test {
> public:
> void doSomething() {
> int i = 99;
> }
> };
>
> clang -cc1 -ast-print-xml test.cpp
>
> The resulting output doesn't have any reference to the implementation
> doSomething()

The problem is that when I developed the xml output 9 month ago I never
had C++ in mind.
Neither it was my main focus nor it was the main focus of clang at that
time.
Obvisiously the development has overrun me.
Anyway, attached there is a patch attached solving at least your issue.
Note that you now get all these implicit C++ methods too. However there are
still a lot of C++ things missing. And I don't even want to start
thinking about C++0x.
It would be nice if someone could commit the patch.

Best Olaf