[cfe-dev] compiling C++ with clang++

Salman Pervez spervez at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 2 02:58:18 PST 2010

I'm trying to compile a fairly simple C++ program with clang++. I get
the following error message

vec.cpp:1:10: fatal error: 'iostream' file not found
#include <iostream>
          ^
1 diagnostic generated.

After looking around a bit on the clag website I came across this
wonderful hack

- Look for the comment "FIXME: temporary hack: hard-coded paths" in
clang/lib/Frontend/InitHeaderSearch.cpp and change the lines below to
include that path.

After adding the relevant paths I still get this linker error

/tmp/cc-TKUPKY.o:
(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZZ18__gthread_active_pvE20__gthread_active_ptr+0x0):
undefined reference to `__gthrw_pthread_cancel(unsigned long)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

Has anyone come across a similar situation? thanks,

Salman