[cfe-dev] PTH for C++

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Mon Jun 28 15:11:42 PDT 2010

Quick clarification: PTH is not dead at all, and is currently being actively used by clang to support precompiled headers for C++/Objective-C++.

As Nico points out, Argyrios is working on PCH support for C++, but even when that is in place PTH isn't necessarily going away.  It is extremely useful for doing performance analysis work on the frontend, as it allows one to analyze the timings of parsing/semantic analysis by removing most of the time used for lexing.