[cfe-dev] analyzer issue

bruce.r.stephens at gmail.com bruce.r.stephens at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 03:28:58 PDT 2010

I seem to be having problems running the analyzer.  (This is bug 7406.)

Here's what I did on a Debian testing machine:

checked out llvm and clang trunk into /one/llvm-svn

in /one/llvm-svn-build ran cmake /one/llvm-svn, then ccmake . and just
changed the install path

ran "make", "make clang-test", "make install"

Then changed my path to include the install bin directory and
/one/llvm-svn/tools/clang/tools/scan-build

clang -v reports
clang version 2.0 (trunk 106386)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

Then, in hello-2.6 (unpacked GNU hello 2.6) just ran "scan-build
./configure" and "scan-build make" and the analyzer crashes.  But it's
apparently not supposed to and I'm seeing problems that were fixed
months ago.

So can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?