[cfe-dev] improved vector bool/pixel support

Anton Yartsev anton.yartsev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:46:40 PDT 2010

On 15.06.2010 21:42, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> The patch enables support for 'vector bool ...' and makes clang distinguish between 'vector pixel' and 'vector unsigned int'. Please review.
>>
> Hi Anton,
>
> My understanding is that 'vector bool' and 'vector pixel' are exclusive.  If so, the argument to getVectorType should be an enum instead of 3 bools (altivec, ispixel, isbool).  Can you refactor it to take an enum?
>
> -Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, 'bool' and 'pixel' are not allowed to be placed together, but they
are of a slightly different nature - 'pixel' is a type specifier and
'bool' is not, type specifier should be specified after 'vector bool'.
Sending you the fresh copy of the original patch and the refactored
version with enum used.

--
Anton