[cfe-dev] clang cannot find standard template library

Pål Dahle pal.dahle at nr.no
Wed Jun 16 01:10:52 PDT 2010

On 06/15/2010 11:25 PM, Cornelius wrote:
> Am 15.06.2010 23:11, schrieb bruce.r.stephens at gmail.com:
>> Pål Dahle<pal.dahle-+dScP4IL3Ug at public.gmane.org>   writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this didn't help.
>>>
>>> nebuchadnezzar:~$ clang++
>>> clang++: command not found
>>> nebuchadnezzar:~$ apt-cache search clang++
>>> clang - Low-Level Virtual Machine (LLVM), C language family frontend
>>
>> It appears that things have changed since the Debian package was
>> produced, yes.
>>
> As far as I know, Ubuntu removed the clang++ symlink (for whatever
> reason, maybe because clang++ was still in alpha that time). You just
> need to create a symlink called clang++ to the clang executable in your
> path to get clang++, though.
> Cornelius

Creating the symlink made the 'hello world' code both compile and
run. My real code also seemed to be linked nicely, but the invokation
endeed with a:

nebuchadnezzar:$ ./cohiba
unexpected reloc type in static binarySegmentation fault

A quoted google search for this error message gives a total of
one hits. I guess this is it...

Thanks for all help
Pål