[cfe-dev] Reducing the size of LLVM and clang

Robert Quill robert.quill at imgtec.com
Thu Jun 10 06:06:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

We are looking to try and reduce the size of the clang and LLVM
libraries and were wondering if anyone had any advice on how to do this.
All we want is to be able to compile from a single language to a single
back-end and for that back-end to emit instructions; we don't care about
anything else. Currently we are building LLVM to use only our target, so
that is OK. Is it possible to build clang with support for only one
language? Or does anyone else have any tips about how to reduce the size
of the libraries?

Thanks for your help,
Rob