[cfe-dev] size mismatch! assertion failure

Christopher Jefferson chris at bubblescope.net
Fri Jul 2 07:49:07 PDT 2010

On 2 Jul 2010, at 13:45, Jay Foad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On a particular source file I get:
>

> The source file is (a) quite big and (b) proprietary, so I don't
> really want to post it in its current form. What can I do to help fix
> the problem? E.g. is there something like bugpoint that can reduce it
> automatically, or is there anything useful I can do in the debugger
> when it fails?

multidelta ( http://delta.tigris.org/ ) is the standard system and usually does quite well, if a little slowly. Be sure to follow the instructions on the webpage and it is fairly easy to get going.

I also have a personal hacked up extension of it which often does even better, but isn't distributable. If you were willing to give me the file, I would be happy to reduce it, and just pass the reduced version on (after letting you have a look if you like)

Chris