[cfe-dev] LLVM EH and PIC

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 03:50:16 PST 2010

On 25 Jan 2010, at 10:04, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

> Hi, David
>
>> I think this is an LLVM bug, and it should be generating PIC-aware code for pointers passed to llvm_eh_selector(), but possibly I am doing something wrong in clang.  Are you meant to do anything magic to make the pointers that you pass to llvm_eh_selector() PIC-aware?  The code works if I modify the generated assembly and changing that line to:
> This is PR5004

Is there any work around that I can use?  GNUstep Make passes -fPIC by default, so this causes any GNUstep code containing @catch blocks with any type other than id to crash when compiled with clang.

Note that this happens for me on IA32 as well as x86-64 - everything in the bug report seems to be x86-64 specific.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1