[cfe-dev] analysis vs fixit

Axel Naumann Axel.Naumann at cern.ch
Sat Jan 23 12:34:18 PST 2010

Hi,

I have written a tiny coding convention checker, see attachment. You're
very welcome to include it (after a long period of tough reviews :-).
It's really only a proof-of-concept for now, missing basic things like
validation ("do we have a config file?"), customization, and: fixit. And
because I'm still a novice to clang I'm sure that it's a) suboptimal and
b) wrong :-) I will definitely benefit from your comments.

The fixit problem is that the convention checker (also according to
Mike, see
<http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2009-October/006633.html>)
should be seen as an analysis. But if the frontend does analysis I don't
see how it can do fixit :-( Any suggestions? Shouldn't -fixit and
-analyze be both allowed at the same time? Or am I misunderstanding some
basic concept here?

Cheers, Axel.