[cfe-dev] blocks/lambdas in clang

Blaine Garst blaine at apple.com
Tue Jan 12 13:26:50 PST 2010

The compiler initializes the first word of every block to one of two symbols (the other being _NSConcreteStackBlock), that being one of them, so as to enable Objective-C treating blocks as objects if and when the objc runtime is loaded.  The blocks runtime for the most part ignores these values until such a time.  A block copy operation will use another symbol, so in total I think you'll need _NSConcreteMallocBlock also.
Blaine