[cfe-dev] How to check the flow of the clang compiler with an example

kalyan ponnala ponnala.kalyan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:03:06 PST 2010

Hi,
I would like to go through the clang compiler (the lexer and the parser) by
compiling a small program like helloworld.c . I am using visual studio 2008
solution file for clang/llvm. Can an expert tell me how to proceed and the
steps that I need to know to do this.
I am not able to figure out what is the starting program that does the lexer
and parser stages of the compiler, so that I could put some breakpoints that
will be hit when we try to compile a program like helloworld.
And I would like to know whats a "cc1". I found it in the code at several
places.

Thanks

--
Kalyan Ponnala