[cfe-dev] error: use of undeclared label

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Fri Feb 19 05:22:27 PST 2010

Hi all,

I reduced another real-world source code currently erroring out with clang++ svn:HEAD. As far as I can see it is triggered by crossing class definition with ctor - reduced code fragment:

int foo()
{
 goto error;
 {
   struct BitPacker {
   BitPacker() {}
   };
   BitPacker packer;
 }

 error:
 return -1;
}

While G++ accepts it, clang++ errors out with:

test.cc:3:7: error: use of undeclared label 'error'
 goto error;
      ^
1 diagnostic generated.

Removing the ctor is enough to make it compile.

I have not found something similar in bugzilla. Thoughts?

René
--
  René Rebe, ExactCODE GmbH, Jaegerstr. 67, DE-10117 Berlin
  http://exactcode.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.name