[cfe-dev] Target specific passes in clang.

Sanjiv Gupta sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com
Thu Feb 18 22:15:36 PST 2010

I am looking for a single driver that should be able to generate the assembly for a given target.

It should be able to generate the bitcode, run standard LTO passes, run target specific module passes and final function passes to generate assembly. So pretty much clang -emit-llvm-bc, llvm-ld , opt and llc functionality in a single executable.

Besides, the option to be able to invoke native assembler and native linker to generate final executable should also be handled by this driver.

Currently, clang takes a -triple option to specify the target.
Can a target schedule these things in clang?

Right now we are using a .td based compilerdriver plugin to invoke these different set of executables.

- Sanjiv