[cfe-dev] request for help understanding a traceback

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Feb 18 08:50:33 PST 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Christopher Jefferson wrote:

> Notice how MinimalModeMultiParadigm::out_of_range is defined
> as a class in one place, and a struct in the other. While
> these two are basically equivalent in C++, you are being
> warned that you are being inconsistent. Change either both
> to a struct, or both to a class. It is probably easier to
> change the one in type_names.h, as changing the other will
> effect members in the object.
>
> Does that help?

Thank you for the 'fast track' explanation from your trained
eyes  ;)  It permitted me to 'see' into the (what I take to be
a) warning more easily;  I read a bit more at
 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_classes
and think I see how this divergence crept in our code as it
has been re-worked over time

Commits into this part of the code are not wholly mine, and
we'll discuss approaches at the next code review, I am sure --
I take the matter to be 'lint' and pedantic (in the good
sense) review of a artifact of how the code evolved being
surfaced by 'clang' so that we might address it uniformly

Thank you, again

-- Russ herrold