[cfe-dev] Ubuntu install location fixes

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Feb 16 12:42:58 PST 2010

On 16.02.2010, at 19:16, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:07 AM, David Chisnall wrote:
>
>> On 16 Feb 2010, at 17:57, Chris Lattner wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be possible to convince you guys to replace this with some code that uses the "last" directory in /usr/include/c++ with readdir?  That way we could stop manually adding new versions.
>>

>> Last time I looked at this code, it had a big FIXME saying it was the wrong approach.  Since nobody else seems to be fixing this, I wonder if I should take a look at refactoring it.  Maybe we should define a fixed location or two to look for a clang_header.conf file that will list standard include locations?  Then distributions just need to provide this file, rather than having special cases for every single file.  Maybe also add an option for overriding this file so that we can easily remove all system includes from the search path for cross-compiling?
>>
>> If this approach sounds sensible then I'm happy to write the code.  If someone else has a better idea, please let me know what it is...
>
> I think the best approach is to make this be a configure option at clang build time.  Second to that, just making the code scan the /usr/include/c++ dir and pick the latest revision available would work.

Heh, in T2 I dynamically patch in the path of the current gcc:

  http://svn.exactcode.de/t2/trunk/package/develop/llvm/llvm.conf

I can implement readdir and possibly a configure option tomorrow.

  René
--
  René Rebe, ExactCODE GmbH, Jaegerstr. 67, DE-10117 Berlin
  http://exactcode.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.name