[cfe-dev] libc++ for Windows

Michael Spencer bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 18:01:25 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Ruben Van Boxem
<vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there are plans (in the near future/today) to "port"
> libc++ to the Windows platform? This would make the project a lot more
> useful than it is right now, as clang is starting to get better at Windows
> stuff.
>
> PS: How would I go about building libc++ on Windows right now (to see if I
> can get the rough edges off before the serious work starts).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ruben

Howard is fully welcoming patches for Windows support. I ported libc++
to CMake (already in tree) and have started working on Windows support
(not in tree). I have about %25 of it compiling, however, the changes
I made were mainly just to get it to compile (not necessarily run) so
that I could figure out what needs to be done for a proper port.

My current plan (not the official plan) for porting in general is to
design and implement a constraint based configuration language to
generate C Preprocessor code that does the actual compiler/platform
checks to present a full POSIX 2008 API for the rest of the library to
use.

- Michael Spencer