[cfe-dev] [libcxx] build system questions

Bjorn Reese breese at mail1.stofanet.dk
Sun Dec 5 01:44:12 PST 2010

On 2010-12-05 05:29, sashan wrote:

> I downloaded libcxx and built it. I noticed that the buildit script doesn't do
> dependency checking. It seems pretty non-standard. Most projects' build system

While I agree with you, we should keep in mind that libcxx is mainly
written by a single person, and he has presumably not had the need for
any cross-platform build system yet. But I am sure that he would welcome
contributions to improve this situation.

I simply made my own wrapper scripts to circumvent to problem on Linux.
Instead of calling buildit directly I used the script below:

export CC=g++
export RC_FLAGS="-Wall -std=c++0x"
export RC_BUILDIT=1
${SHELL} buildit

Of course, that does not solve the dependency problem, but at least I
did not experience any problems with .dylib afterwards.