[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] draft rule for naming types/functions/variables

Thiago Farina tfransosi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:25:35 PST 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:
> Thiago,
>
> The coding standards (which have been finalized and comitted) don't dictate names for local variables.

Do you like the fact that local variables start with capital letter?
Following the same convention used to name classes? It's a very
strange adoption.

I like the way that classes are named using CamelCase (MyClass, for
example) and the instance of MyClass is my_class. That avoids many
confusions in my brain.

This convention used here: MyClass* MC = new MyClass, is an obstacle
for external contributors used to work with C for example, where
almost everything (and every project) uses the unix_hacker style.