[cfe-dev] Setting readnone attribute for function declaration

ihusar ihusar at fit.vutbr.cz
Fri Aug 27 07:17:02 PDT 2010

Hello,

   I would like to ask, if there is a way how to set  readnone attribute for a function declaration.
(http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#fnattrs)

Lets say I would like to have such function:

short __attribute__((readnone)) fun(short a, short b, int c);

However, the clang frontend (v.1.0), does print a warning, that the readnone attribute is ignored.
I looked in the newest revision sources, but it does not seem that it is supported either.
Do you know whether it is possible to convince the frontend, that this function should have the
readnone attribute (I need this to allow optimizations over this function call boundary to happen)?

Thank you
   Adam H.