[cfe-dev] libc++ on Windows (Rationale)

Fernando Pelliccioni fpelliccioni at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 05:03:58 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to compile LibC++ on WinXP (32) using MinGW (GCC 4.6).

I've seen some extensions are used, as the "xlocale.h", which makes it
difficult to compile in Windows using MinGW. No way to use MSVC.

I wonder..., What is the goal of the creators of Clang and LibC++ in terms
of portability? Is there any reason why Windows should not be supported? Or
just a matter of time, is started by the Unix-Like operating systems?

I would like to contribute to the project, to make Clang and LibC++, in the
future, the default compiler C++ for almost any platform.

Thanks and greetings.
Fernando.