[cfe-dev] Windows .exe from clang + COFF w/o gcc - success with issues

Bo Persson bop at gmb.dk
Sat Aug 21 04:08:24 PDT 2010

Michael Spencer wrote:

> Interestingly, _STDCALL_SUPPORTED is not in this list. I expected
> this due to the string not being in any of the binaries and it not
> expanding to anything using the compiler normally.

Considering that it appears in the windows headers in tests like

#if (_MSC_VER >= 800) || defined(_STDCALL_SUPPORTED)

we could guess that it was important in MS C versions before 8.0 (aka
Visual C++ 1.0, 1993 :-).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/65472

Nowadays it is always supported, as "standard call" is the ... eh ...
standard calling convention for the win32 API.

Bo Persson