[cfe-dev] Testing Clang on Win32

Steven Watanabe watanabesj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:25:48 PDT 2010

AMDG

Let's try CC'ing the list...

Fernando Pelliccioni wrote:
> I built Clang using the "Getting Started" & "Using Visual Studio" section.
>
> A brief on my Platform:
>     Intel Pentium D
>     Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
>     Installed Compilers:
>         Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0
>         Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0
>
> I ran cmake like the following
>
>         cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" .
>

> I am trying to compile a simple C++ Hello World code.
>
>     //helloworld.cpp
>     #include <iostream>
>
>     int main( /*int argc, char **argv*/ )
>     {
>         std::cout << "hello world\n";
>         return 0;
>     }
>

> When I compiled helloword.cpp, I got errors from Visual Studio 10 Include
> Directory.
> Is there any way to specify to Clang where the Include directory is? I like
> to use the MSVC 9.0 Include Dir.
> How does Clang to assume that the compiler is VS2010? Remember that I chose
> -- cmake -G "Visual Studio 9 2008" . --

Are you using the current svn?  I thought that when I made
the patch to find MSVC 10.0 headers, that it should favor
the headers from the version that clang was compiled with.
The headers from both versions are rather broken with clang,
but the 10.0 headers are more broken, since they rely on
C++0x features.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe