[cfe-dev] Windows .exe from clang + COFF w/o gcc - success with issues

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Tue Aug 17 15:39:51 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2010, at 2:29 PM, Michael Spencer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Francois Pichet <pichet2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Anybody think it would be useful to put that new cl2lang driver into
>>> the mainline repository?
>>> It is just an idea for now.. I haven't started working on it.
>>

> I definitely think that having a cl.exe-compatible driver, similar to clang being a gcc-compatible driver, would be useful.

Yes, for sure, I would love to have a cl.exe compatible driver. And
this is definitely something we would want in the tree.

I haven't thought much about it, but it would be nice if it could be
integrated into the Driver library in such a way that we could accept
both syntaxes, and perhaps would just change what the default expected
syntax was based on the host / default target.

 - Daniel