[cfe-dev] TreeTransform and Clang

Vassil Vassilev vasil.georgiev.vasilev at cern.ch
Mon Aug 9 07:26:14 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 21:58 +0200, Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Vassil Vassilev wrote:

> >> Yes.

> >> Yes, it will.

> >> The right way to do this would be to augment Sema's name-lookup facilities, so that your application gets a chance to provide symbols when no other symbols of the same name work. One way to do this is to create your own ExternalASTSource, and override FindExternalVisibleDeclsByName to add those symbols. If I remember correctly, LLDB does this.
> > I understand. But I want only to replace one node of the AST with
> > another. I don't need to exchange external symbol names and so on (at
> > least for now). Is it possible to hook somewhere before the error
> > handling and substitute the ExpressionStatement (i = t.DoSomething(i, x,
> > y, z);) With new BlockStatement or several ExpressionStatements.
>
> You might be able to hack Sema to do this, but I don't see any clean way to do it.
I am thinking about 2 passes:
1-st pass I can only put "TFile t = new TFile("MyFile.hhh");", which is
valid construction and it will be marker for the next pass.
2-nd pass I will use the TreeTransform to extend the block with the
custom invocations of the interpreter.
I need to use some kind of preprocessors to achieve that, because at the
first pass I need to escape the "unknown" for the sema symbols, right?
After that I need somehow to send them to TreeTransformer. Can you give
me basic directions or better approach to achieve my goal?

Best regards,
V. Vasilev