[cfe-dev] Invalid assert in lib/Sema/Lookup.h ?

EI geneing at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 00:17:15 PDT 2010

Hello,

What is the meaning of this assert statement in Lookup.h?

  void setNotFoundInCurrentInstantiation() {
    assert(ResultKind == NotFound && Decls.empty());
    ResultKind = NotFoundInCurrentInstantiation;
  }

I saw assert failing when compiling some code that includes Qt headers. I
think the code I was compiling was actually missing some class definitions,
so I was expecting to see an error - not a failing assert. Btw, in the
debugger I see that ResultKind == NotFoundInCurrentInstantiation when assert
statement is reached.

Thanks,
Eugene