[cfe-dev] Re-targeting clang to a new architecture

Ken Dyck Ken.Dyck at onsemi.com
Thu Apr 29 07:26:02 PDT 2010

On Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:19 PM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> [...]

There is still a significant amount of work left to do here. I plan to
get back to work on this in the next couple of months.

> All in all, this seems to be positive news
> for Ned. Any news on how
> far Ray Fix is with the changes to LLVM
> regarding the 16bit char?

When I last talked to Ray he told me that the project on which he was
working switched from LLVM to another technology, so I wouldn't expect
anything to come from him anytime soon.

I have been working on a back end for a machine with 24-bit
word-addressable memory and have made numerous changes to a private
branch of LLVM to support word-addressable memory (and
non-power-of-2-sized native integer types, fwiw). I intend to contribute
these changes back to the mainline eventually. In the meantime, I could
make a patch available here or the llvm-dev list if anybody is
interested in seeing this work in progress (but probably not until next
week when I update to the 2.7 release).

-Ken