[cfe-dev] Running passes from the clang driver

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Wed Apr 28 04:45:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

Is there any support yet in the clang driver for running optimisation passes that are in a shared library, or do I still need to do the clang -c -emit-llvm, opt -load, llc, clang dance?

On a related note, are there any plans to make the clang driver understand what to do when presented with bitcode files?  It would be nice if we could do link-time optimisations without needing linker support just by adding -emit-llvm in CFLAGS and setting LD=clang.

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine