[cfe-dev] Inline assembly Z constraint and more

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:53:03 PDT 2010

Using Clang to compile some PS3 headers, I ran into a problem with some
inline assembly for some instrinsics macros with an unrecognized "Z"
constraint.  Looking at the gcc sources, I see there are several other
constraints not currently supported.  The enclosed macro lets them get
through the parser, but at present I have no idea how to actually implement
them, so before I look into it more, I thought I'd ask.  Can someone help me
out?

This from the gcc sources:

(define_memory_constraint "Z"
  "Memory operand that is an indexed or indirect from a register (it is
usually better to use @samp{m} or @samp{es} in @code{asm} statements)"
  (match_operand 0 "indexed_or_indirect_operand"))
Is it okay to check in the patch as an intermediate step?

-John

--
John Thompson
John.Thompson.JTSoftware at gmail.com