[cfe-dev] [cfe-commits] r100942 - /cfe/trunk/lib/CodeGen/CGObjC.cpp

Sean Hunt rideau3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 17:30:09 PDT 2010

On 04/10/2010 05:43 PM, David Chisnall wrote:
> You say no because is counter to your private sense of aesthetics.
>
> You say no because is counter to your private sense of aesthetics.
>
> Question three.  Should we work to remove ObjCSuperExpr.  You say yes because:
>
> - It is not really an expression.
> - It complicates semantic analysis.
> - It doesn't truly reflect the language semantics.
>
> David

I'm going to weigh in here. I checked the spec, and it's clear that
super is not allowed except as the receiver in a message send. Whether
this should be supported as an extension is another question (and not
one that I can answer satisfactorily, seeing as I don't use
Objective-C), but even if we do support it as an extension, it should at
least give a warning in all cases.

Sean