[cfe-dev] Trying to use CLang / CLang Static Analyzer under Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Apr 9 02:28:16 PDT 2010

Hello

> I don't really want to use gcc
You should. clang calls gcc for assembling & linking.

> I notice that the examples use the -cc1 option so I tried that:
-cc1 is an internal interface, you should not use it

> Taking a look at C:\llvm\tools\clang\tools\scan-build\scan-build
>
> I gather that it's a perl script. Any chance this is going to work
> with cygwin perl (or better yet ActiveState Perl), assuming I figure
> out the clang issues?
No, there are some changes wrt process spawning & stuff to make it
work at least with msys perl (and, I assume, for cygwin as well). No
idea for activestate perl, but it's safe to assume that more invasive
changes will be needed.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov