[cfe-dev] greping on Windows

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:45:52 PDT 2009

Switching to the gnuwin32 grep solved a bunch of the problems I had way back
when with the test on Windows, but there still seem to be a few issues left.

The first one I encounter in the tests is in address-space-field1.c.

It uses something like:  "grep" "addrspace\(1\)" ...

but either Windows or the gnuwin32 grep is choking on the '\''s

The test passes if I change it to:

// RUN: grep addrspace(1) %t | count 9 &&
// RUN: grep addrspace(2) %t | count 9

So, the question is, how to handle it?

Could the python script be given smarts to convert it per platform>

It seems that using preprocessor conditionals in the actual test file won't
work.

Or maybe some sort of conditional in the annoation language, i.e.:

// RUNWIN32: ...

or

// IF WIN32 RUN: ...

-John