[cfe-dev] X86AsmPrinter question

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:49:10 PDT 2009

Perhaps this should go to the LLVM list, but since it relates to a Clang
test failure on Windows, and I'm not currently on the LLVM list, I'll give
it a go here first.

The CodeGen\2009-01-21-invalid-debug-info.m test is experiencing a crash
in some of the X86AsmPrinter functions because the MMI member of its parent
class, AsmPrinter, is not being set in AsmPrinter::doInitialization because
the MAI->doesSupportDebugInformation() and
MAI->doesSupportExceptionHandling() calls return false.

My first thought was just that the MMI pointer just needs to be checked
before using it, but then I started wondering if it actually should be set
to something, such that some X86 support is missing elsewhere.  Before I dig
into it further, could some one shed some light on this?

Thanks.

-John

--
John Thompson