[cfe-dev] clang-cc -ast-print-xml errors

Craig Mortensen mortay at apple.com
Wed Sep 16 13:19:58 PDT 2009

Hi Mike,
If I specify the -ast-print-xml, I'm assuming the output will be xml.
I think you're right about the pch-thing.  At the beginning of the
output file, I see 'CPCH'

Removing the -emit-pch will cause an assertion during the creation of
the output xml file:
Assertion failed: (NodeStack.size() > 1 && "to much backtracking"),
function toParent, file DocumentXML.cpp, line 51.

...the incomplete output file is in fact xml and I can read the
contents. The file is simply incomplete because of the assertion.

This is the command I'm using (with the -emit-pch)

./clang-cc -ast-print-xml -emit-pch --mcpu=yonah -v  -o /tmp/
output.xml -x=objective-c /System/Library/Frameworks/
Foundation.framework/Headers/Foundation.h

I would attach the output file here, but it's a few Mbs...

Craig