[cfe-dev] One little test, comparing clang and gcc

Giangiacomo Mariotti gg.mariotti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 05:29:18 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:

> Don't we intentionally *not* optimize out because it's a classical
> delay-loop?
>
> Sebastian

That's why I wanted to ask about this here, before start talking about
bugs and whatnot. It may have been a design choice or a work in
progress.

So it is a design choice? Is it explicitly documented somewhere?(So
that I can see what are the other known differences in optimizations
with gcc) IMO this could be an interesting information for those who
start comparing the performance of code compiled with this and the
other compilers.

Giangiacomo Mariotti