[cfe-dev] math.h on Windows

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:42:07 PDT 2009

>   Also, could someone look at the enclosed patch for stdint.h?  This also
>>> fixes some failing tests, since VC++ doesn't have stdint.h.  Who is point on
>>> this?
>>>

>> I'm not thrilled about using _M_IX86 and _M_X64 to detect what is really a
>> library issue. I guess in the worst case we could have a configure-time
>> check that determines whether we can #include_next <stdint.h>, but
>> that's.... horrible.
>>
>> Unless someone has a better idea... ?

I used these symbols because they are implicitly defined to mimic VC++ in 32
and 64-bit mode respectively.  Would substituting a clang-specific implicit
symbol be more acceptible, i.e. "_CLANG_MSVC"?

Or, a stab in the dark, remove the #include, and internally switch the order
of includes in the search path based on the Freestanding flag?  But I don't
know the implications for the other headers Clang provides.

Or, we disable the 7 tests that include stdint.h on Windows (once we have a
mechanism that can do that).

-John

--
John Thompson