[cfe-dev] patch for generalizing stdint for n-bit bytes

Ray Fix rayfix.ml at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:18:03 PDT 2009

Hello ClangWorld,

This is a resend since my original message was too large and got
filtered from the list.  Sorry about that;

The linked patch is the work of Ken Dyck which I merget to work with
the top of the tree (R84372).   This patch generalizes some of the
defines produced by the preprocessor in preparation for future patches
to support of n-bit bytes.

Some other highlights include the addition of 40 new test cases that
help better validate the preprocessor and target defines.  It also
gets rid of std::vector<char> in favor of llvm::raw_ostream to create
defines.

My hope is that someone with commit authority can look these changes
and shepherd them in or provide feedback for any additional mods/work
that is required for them to be accepted.

A copy of the actual .patch file is here:   http://files.me.com/rayfix/p7ouap
       (Size: 169 kB)

Here is the same thing but rendered in html.  http://files.me.com/rayfix/5qummg
    (Size: 300 kB)