[cfe-dev] Developer meeting videos up

Axel Naumann Axel.Naumann at cern.ch
Fri Oct 16 01:11:25 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Chris Lattner wrote on 10/15/2009 05:45 PM:
> On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>>
>> I'm a bit curious: is there any reason why are other slides / videos
>> not available (it seems that the ones missing are from Apple folks)?
>
> Unfortunately, we found out at the last minute that Apple has a rule
> which prevents its engineers from giving video taped talks or
> distributing slides.  We will hold onto the video and slide assets in
> case this rule changes in the future.

can you maybe ask a public relations colleague to post at least the
slides? Even if it takes a while: not having them at all is very bad
publicity for Apple. It proves (esp to people like GCC, but also
colleagues here at CERN) that Apple is the wrong place to host an open
source project, and that Apple is doing its best at diverting efforts
into its proprietary domain.

Don't get me wrong: I really appreciate Apple's efforts in hosting the
workshop and paying 90% of the developers of LLVM!

Cheers, Axel.