[cfe-dev] CodeGen/statements.c: Don't understand test and its failure

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:42:03 PDT 2009

On Windows, the CodeGen/statements.c test fails, apparently because of this
error:

3><stdin>:23:17: error: initializer element is not a compile-time constant
3>static long x = &&bar - &&baz;
3>                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
First, what does a unary "&&" do on a variable?  Address of an address?  It
doesn't seem to make sense.

Second, why would it result in an error in VC++-built Clang, but not on
other platforms?  (I tried using other target triples, but there was no
change.)

I know I'll probably have to debug it, but understanding the first might
help.

--
John Thompson
John.Thompson.JTSoftware at gmail.com