[cfe-dev] Error compiling clang on Windows, DiagnosticCommonKinds.inc not found

Michelle Bhaal ladybhaal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 02:43:58 PDT 2009

I have downloaded clang (83246) and llvm (83257) via subversion.  I
used cmake 2.8 beta to create a solution file for Visual Studio 2010
beta and attempted to compile clang-cc but I repeatedly get the
following error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'clang/Basic/DiagnosticCommonKinds.inc': No such file or directory

I have confirmed that this file does not exist.
DiagnosticCommonKinds.inc.rule and DiagnosticCommonKinds.tds do exist
however.

I am running Windows 7 RC

What am I doing wrong?  What have I missed?

Michelle