[cfe-dev] CLANG getting started

Seo Sanghyeon sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:01:31 PST 2009

2009/11/23 Cristina Basescu <cristina.basescu at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie here and I'm having some trouble with running the examples from
> clang. I built libPrintFunctionNames.so , by doing make in
> llvm/tools/clang/examples/PrintFunctionNames, but I don't know how to see it
> at work. I've tried with
>
> opt -load /usr/llvm/Debug/lib/libPrintFunctionNames.so -print-fns test.bc
>
> just like one would do for a llvm pass, but it doesn't work:

Well, libPrintFunctionNames.so is not an opt plugin, so that doesn't
work. It is a
clang-cc plugin. So:

clang-cc -load libPrintFunctionNames.so -plugin=help should print

clang-cc plugins:
  print-fns - print function names

and clang-cc -load libPrintFunctionNames.so -plugin=print-fns should execute it.

--
Seo Sanghyeon